Thursday, June 18, 2009

DIY and Printable Labels

I finally got to page through the June issue of Martha Stewart Living magazine. In the "Good Things" section was a page of Summer Sips. Yummy infused liquors of all sorts. It reminded me of last 4th of July when my sister-in-law had me hooked on her recipe for cherry vodka. A shot or two of that mixed with lemonade on ice. Ahhh...so refreshing and "oh" so darn good! It made me think of what a great hostess gift it would be to bring to all of those summer parties. So I thought I'd share the goodness.

The Recipe:
1 liter of vodka of choice
2 cups of stemmed and pitted cherries (I used frozen ones that were from my parents cherry trees)
1/2 cup of sugar

Mix the ingredients together and put into a 1/2 gallon wide mouth canning jar. Let it sit for at least one month in a cool place or in the refrigerator. Strain using cheesecloth or a coffee filter into a pitcher or bowl. (Hang on to the cherries and add them to ice trays for an extra kick to the drink) Use a funnel to pour back into the original vodka bottle. If you'd like to jazz it up a bit...fill a few decorative bottles and top it off with a cork. I designed a tag to share so go here for instructions and to print.

Give as a gift or simply enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment