Monday, September 13, 2010

A Great Bread Recipe

It's been awhile since I posted a food recipe. My husband came home with this one from a member at the tennis club. He basically "told" me I had to make it because it was to die for.

Over Labor Day weekend we were invited over to friends house and we made and brought this over. I kid you not...it was gone within minutes! It is so easy and is the perfect item to bring to a party of any sort. My husband is banking on me making this for a few Packer Sunday games. Okay, if I have too!

Here's the recipe: (this is the amount I use for a bag of twin french bread)

2 sticks butter
2 Tbl poppy seeds
1 tsp Beau Monde seasoning(a must)
1 tsp garlic salt
1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
Thick cuts of swiss cheese cut in 3/4" cubes(about 8 ounces)
Loaf of desired bread(french, italian, ciabatta, boule, etc)

Instructions: Criss-cross cut the top of the loaf of bread. Do NOT slice all the way through or into the sides. Stuff with the swiss cheese cubes and the shredded parmesan cheese. Melt the butter and add the poppy seeds and seasonings. Wrap bread in foil and pour melted butter mixture over the top. Loosely seal foil and pop bread in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.

Yummy goodness! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment